Mad Political Science
Mad political science, or MPS, is a controversial brand of political science that seeks to elide the distinctions of geography and culture. The discipline seems to attract an unusually large number of linguists, presumably because it affords them an excuse to employ the word "elide" with great frequency.
The philosophy of Mad Political Science is difficult to define. Mad Political Scientists are frequently removed from press rooms and legislatures because they can't resist shouting "IT'S ALIVE!!!"
The most significant real-world application of MPS is the combination of separate sovereign political states. The separate nation-states are then regarded as one unit. However, given the high concentration of Linguists in the group, the actual creation of these new multi-state entities is often derailed by weeklong arguments regarding the proper verb tense (singular or plural) for use when discussing them. The arguments are eventually resolved after the combination of separate alcoholic spirits and some spirited shouting of "IT'S ALIVE!!!"
- Topher Fentonbury, the most notorious Mad Political Scientist.
- Axil Frost, Fentonbury's chief rival.
- Tabitha Swinburne, Fentonbury's former star pupil, and Frost's eventual lover.
- Croagland the merger of England and Croatia, the first successful creation.
- Norsweden the merger of Norway and Sweden.
- San Greekey, the combination of Greece, Turkey, and San Marino.
ArKansas the attepted merger of American states of Arkansas and Kansas. No one noticed, so the project was abandoned.